Sion Power's Licerion® battery has the potential to be an enabling technology for both Plug-In Hybrid and Pure Electric Vehicles. With over 350 Wh/Kg today, this exceeds most manufacturers' expectations for specific energy for a vehicle battery.
Not only does the Licerion battery improve the driving range of the vehicle, it improves the overall payload capability. With a compromise between the battery volume and battery weight, a Sion Power Licerion vehicle battery pack can achieve one of the primary goals set forth by automakers - a 300-mile driving range. It is easy to see why Sion Power's Licerion battery is the future power source for electric vehicles.
Projections and Strengths for Automotive Battery Market
- Batteries remain key enabling technology
- Vehicle range, packaging, volume, mass vs cost
- Numerous new entrants (tech companies)
- Highest energy density (per Liter and per Kg)
- Enabling anode protection
- Strongest IP portfolio
- Flexible go-to-market partnerships
Key Market Drivers
- New and enabling battery technologies
- Automotive regulations, urbanization, and globalization
- New tech (autonomous, connected, worldwide internet)
- New drone uses (military and commercial)